These Days Life's Rich Pageant | 1986
After spending a good deal of time on the bass and drums, I was able to concentrate on the big guitar sound Peter gets here. I didn’t come close - but did what I could without spending weeks fine-tuning the tone and layers. This would be a fun one to revisit if I get a few guitar amps with better recording gear down the line.
This is back to large numbers of layered tracks.
Final Tracks (23)
- Main Alt take used for effects track
- Backing vocals - normal voice (2)
- Backing vocals - falsetto (2)
- Lead Rhythm Sustain
- Lead Verse Fills
- Lead Intro (2)
- Lead Intro Hold Sustain into Vocals Patch
- Bridge Lead
- Bridge Picked
- Bridge Pick Scrapes
- Bridge Harmonics
- Electric Guitar Crunch Throughout (2)
- Robot Drummer
- Opening Drum Hit
- Tambourine (MIDI)
The bridge is the mnost changes here. All the other parts are pretty much close to the original.
- Matching guitar tones is my biggest werakness
You Are the Everything